Mixing it up – The new Witch Cross album with Chris Tsangarides
So it begins….Mike Koch (Witch Cross guitarist) is now holed up in the studio with the legendary Chris Tsangarides, undertaking the final mixing of the new Witch Cross album. I cannot overstate the excitement I feel as the project nears completion. We feel the weight of history too, as the classic 1984 release ‘Fit for Fight’ was the last full-length album from the band, and it, and its songs, have gone into metal folklore. I’ve always said Alex Savage’s vocals on that album were a tour de force, unsurpassed, so we have a high standard to live up to, but therein lies the challenge, and that’s what drives us. I believe Witch Cross are a band that understands the song is king, it was certainly true on Fit for Fight, and I think Mike and I, along with contributions from Paul and Jan, have written a collection that can stand shoulder to shoulder with those classics from the past. We’ve tried to remain true to early 80’s era metal, and to the credo of the band. I can’t wait to unleash it upon the world!
6 Comments »
(Born: 20th May,1958, Chesterfield, England) is a Bass Player and Lead Vocalist. Formerly with Tubeless Hearts, he played with English Pop band Christie from 1990 to 2003, and featured in Graham Oliver’s Saxon on two European tours, before other commitments resulted in John Ward taking over vocal duties for the resulting Oliver/Dawson Saxon CD releases. Nevertheless, he appeared on Graham Oliver’s solo album End of an Era returning the favour after Oliver had appeared on Tubeless Hearts Three CD. READ MORE….
CD’s AVAILABLE NOW!
SAVE MOJACAR MUSIC! FREE DOWNLOAD!
Download my 2009 solo album FOR FREE!!!
Buy a BLUE ODYSSEY T-shirt!
Buy my Art!
- @sdedition There may be 50 words for snow, but the English language has a dearth of superlatives when attempting to describe Kate Bush. 4 hours ago
- @alfiesantos7 @dcfcofficial Quality players from the first team down! 4 hours ago
- @5000projectmgmt Fine choice. Just the right amount of cheese. 20 hours ago
- @ClassicRockMag A cursory glance at this tweet had me thinking it said: "Lost Vinyl of the Oompah-Loompahs...." #roaldrocksout 20 hours ago
- @PaulMcCartney @ElvisPresley The same double bass 1 day ago