Metal unearthed in Tenerife….
This post is wholly inspired by my Metal buddy in the States, Stone from METAL ODYSSEY. Stone often posts cool articles about CD’s he’s recently purchased or Metal Memorabilia in his collection, so today, I thought I’d do the same.
CD shops are a dying breed, and when I say dying I mean we’re talking Dodo territory. So imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered one tucked away in the Centro Commercial near our apartment in Puntolarga here in Tenerife this morning! What’s more, it even had a METAL section. Well, it wasn’t very well stocked to be honest, but this little beauty caught my eye:
Yep, a double CD of metal mayhem from Judas Priest – the concept album ‘Nostradamus‘, and at only 11.99 euros, a pretty good deal in this neck of the woods. A bit of creative wiring with an old DVD player found in the rented apartment here, and voila, Metal sounds fill my holiday home – result!
I’ve always had a soft spot for Priest, I saw them as a mere support band to Budgie back in 1974, but even then you could see they were going to be huge. They were certainly a big influence on Witch Cross. But I’ve also got a soft spot for Record shops…somewhere to browse in the real world, to hold the jewel cases or sleeves in your own hands, read the liner notes, open the gatefolds, admire the art work…use them or lose them people!
6 Comments »
(Born: 20th May,1958, Chesterfield, England) is a Bass Player and Lead Vocalist. Formerly with Tubeless Hearts, he played with English Pop band Christie from 1990 to 2003, and featured in Graham Oliver’s Saxon on two European tours, before other commitments resulted in John Ward taking over vocal duties for the resulting Oliver/Dawson Saxon CD releases. Nevertheless, he appeared on Graham Oliver’s solo album End of an Era returning the favour after Oliver had appeared on Tubeless Hearts Three CD. READ MORE….
CD’s AVAILABLE NOW!
SAVE MOJACAR MUSIC! FREE DOWNLOAD!
Download my 2009 solo album FOR FREE!!!
Buy a BLUE ODYSSEY T-shirt!
Buy my Art!
- @James_Percy Not sure - bit tougher now I reckon - but I used to love pitting my wits against 'the man'! ;-) 14 hours ago
- @James_Percy Hog them mate. They can't touch you for it. #eggomaniac 16 hours ago
- @barks5 Obviously a good striker then, no problems getting in the box! 17 hours ago
- @WaffleHouse @hernandezdee_ BUTTERMILK BOOGIE! soundcloud.com/moore-music/bu… 18 hours ago
- @glenn_hughes Happy Anniversary to you both! I'll always remember how kind she was to my daughter when we met you backstage at the LyceumII 20 hours ago