Okay….so for a brief shining period, WE were a Power Trio!
Further to my recent post about the resurgence of power trios, it was pointed out to me that my old band, TUBELESS HEARTS, was exactly that, particularly around the time we released our 1994 album ‘Three’ – still somewhat sought after by collectors. True, we expanded the remit somewhat when we recorded, utilizing keyboards on some songs, and guitar overdubs, but live we were a much more raw proposition, juxtaposing tracks from the album with hard-hitting rock standards such as ‘Won’t get fooled again’.
I discovered these pics while tidying the studio this morning, so I thought I’d dust them off and scan them.
It was a very creative time for me personally, and Fos and I wrote well together, and until I started working with Mike Koch on the new Witch Cross material, the only time I’ve had a good writing partnership. You can hear one of the tracks below, a funk-rock workout called ‘The Pimp’.
I thought I’d take a moment to remember what a great unit this was. I count myself lucky to still be able to play with these guys, as we get together on occasion as three-quarters of the group CHRISTIE, fronted by multi-million selling hitmaker Jeff Christie.
Here’s the album we made together:
5 Comments »
(Born: 20th May,1958, Chesterfield, England) is a Bass Player and Lead Vocalist. Formerly with Tubeless Hearts, he played with English Pop band Christie from 1990 to 2003, and featured in Graham Oliver’s Saxon on two European tours, before other commitments resulted in John Ward taking over vocal duties for the resulting Oliver/Dawson Saxon CD releases. Nevertheless, he appeared on Graham Oliver’s solo album End of an Era returning the favour after Oliver had appeared on Tubeless Hearts Three CD. READ MORE….
CD’s AVAILABLE NOW!
SAVE MOJACAR MUSIC! FREE DOWNLOAD!
Download my 2009 solo album FOR FREE!!!
Buy a BLUE ODYSSEY T-shirt!
Buy my Art!
- @mandamosher LOL! 7 hours ago
- @stevelukather You know what I love about this tweet?-Your unbridled enthusiasm, even decades down the line. That's why you guys still rock. 9 hours ago
- @MetalNation247 Wonderful song, and poignant...but...Metal??? 11 hours ago
- @GarryBushell Nice to see them on the TOTP re-run the other day 14 hours ago
- @NewsFromAmnesty @AmnestyUK I agree it should be controlled. But 'children' is a bit misleading. I can imagine the 16 and 17 year olds.... 14 hours ago