Our friends in the North…
I’ve recently returned from two wicked shows in two of Scandinavia’s capital cities: Copenhagen in Denmark, and Oslo in Norway. Witch Cross have their heartland in Denmark of course, and it was wonderful to see fans & friends old and new rocking out at the gig in Stengade. It was a full-on metal night with sets from Wasted and Death rides a Horse as well as our own.
We all de-camped to Lars’ house where as usual he didn’t disappoint in the breakfast department – fresh coffee, bread, eggs and pastries!
The Friday morning saw us flying to Oslo, a city I hadn’t performed in for more than 30 years, and Witch Cross as a band had never played in Norway. We arrived at the venue – Revolver – early in the afternoon and were excellently fed by the Australian chef from the restaurant above!
We were supported on this show by Magister Templi, and by the time we arrived through the sub-zero Oslo night, the venue was rammed. It was incredibly moving to have all these headbangers in our face, wearing our name, singing along with every word. There were also fans there who’d seen us at Muskelrock in Sweden earlier in the year. It totally justified the hard work put into finally getting over there to perform. All we can say is – Witch Cross will be back, and it won’t be 30 years!
November 26, 2013 - Posted by kevmoore | Metal, Music, Recording, Rock, Thoughts, Touring, Witch Cross, Writing | Copenhagen, Death rides a Horse, Heavy metal, Kev Moore, Magister Templi, oslo, Revolver, Scandinavia, Stengade, Wasted
No comments yet.
(Born: 20th May,1958, Chesterfield, England) is a Bass Player and Lead Vocalist. Formerly with Tubeless Hearts, he played with English Pop band Christie from 1990 to 2003, and featured in Graham Oliver’s Saxon on two European tours, before other commitments resulted in John Ward taking over vocal duties for the resulting Oliver/Dawson Saxon CD releases. Nevertheless, he appeared on Graham Oliver’s solo album End of an Era returning the favour after Oliver had appeared on Tubeless Hearts Three CD. READ MORE….
CD’s AVAILABLE NOW!
SAVE MOJACAR MUSIC! FREE DOWNLOAD!
Download my 2009 solo album FOR FREE!!!
Buy a BLUE ODYSSEY T-shirt!
Buy my Art!
- @sassjordan @ExpertFlyer I want to give a big shout out to UK carrier @easyJet who allow musicians to do just that. They have my respect! 1 minute ago
- @IProSport @dcfcofficial Nice carpet ;-) 4 minutes ago
- @WhisperingBob Legendary songwriter - have such respect for him after watching the documentary about his career. 4 minutes ago
- @spacedkat @JBONAMASSA @butchwalker @TheRealDevinB When musicians no longer walk the earth, the people will only have themselves to blame... 4 hours ago
- @EWDolan @metalodyssey He should've remembered that with great power comes great responsibility.... 14 hours ago